Frequently Asked Questions
- How does silicol®skin work?
Silicol®skin physically binds and reduces bacteria as well as excess oil and impurities on the skin
- How do I apply silicol®skin?
Wet the skin and apply a thin layer of silicol®skin to the affected area. You can do this using your fingers or with a cotton pad. Allow to dry for 10 – 15 minutes or until the product turns white on the skin. When dry, gently rinse off with water.
- Do I apply just to affected areas or the whole face?
We recommend that you apply directly to affected areas or to the whole area, if affected.
- After applying silicol®skin my skin went red and tingled, is this normal?
Yes, this is completely normal and will only last a few minutes.
- How many times a day should I apply silicol®skin?
You should apply silicol®skin once per day with a maximum of 5 applications per week.
- Can I use a moisturiser after using silicol®skin?
Yes, we recommend that you use a neutral, unperfumed moisturiser.
- Is silicol®skin just for the face or can I use elsewhere on the body?
You can use anywhere on the face or body. Please avoid sensitive areas including around the eyes.
- Do I need to shake the tube before using?
Yes, we suggest you shake well for up to 10 seconds before every use.
- Does silicol®skin contain alcohol?
Silicol®skin is free from alcohol.
- Does silicol®skin contain perfume?
Silicol®skin is free from perfume.
- Does silicol®skin contain parabens?
Silicol®skin is free from parabens.
- I suffer from acne, can I use silicol®skin?
Yes, you can use silicol®skin to help reduce spots, blackheads and excess oil.
- Is silicol®skin tested?
Silicol®skin has been tested and awarded the Dermatest 5 star rating for skin tolerance.
- Can I swallow silicol®skin?
No, silicol®skin should only be applied externally.
- Once I have opened silicol®skin, how long can I keep for?
After opening, ensure the lid is tightly secured and use before the expiry date. You will find this on the carton and crimp of the tube.